Discover Web Training for Schools
Web Update training is included as part of the overall package and comes in the form of on site PD for staff or as a series of Video tutorials that show you step by step how to manage your school's website.
Many schools want to able to keep their site content current by adding their newsletters and updating their page text and documents as required. They don't want to have to wait for a third party to do this for them.
Web Feats for Schools enables you to do this by:
- designing your website so it can be easily updated by a member of your staff
- providing training ( onsite or in the form of video tutorials)
- providing & software on CD to enable you to edit and upload content
Because the software programs supplied to maintain your website are freely available, this helps to minimise any additional cost to your school.
Web Feats for Schools will travel to your school to install the software required & conduct a two hour PD training session with a staff member. This cost is included in the package price for a medium and large web site provided your school is within a 200km radius of Sale in Gippsland, Victoria.
Schools further than 200km will be supplied with a series of comprehensive, step by step video tutorials & support notes. These tutorials cover everything from the installation of the free software through to the editing and uploading of your school's web pages.
Click play to see a sample extract from a tutorial
The following video tutorials are supplied as part of the web package on completion:
How to install your free software programs Video Tutorial
(supplied only to schools too far to visit & install the software on site)
There are two custom made videos supplied (that show your school's actual web pages being edited in the supplied HTML editor) and three generic video tutorials. These are are in flash format and will play in your browser.
- Overview of Training Package contents looks at the software programs supplied and the contents of the files and folders in the website.
- Editing your web pages looks at formatting headings and text, tables, adding new links and creating anchor links
- Saving and uploading your newsletters looks at saving your newsletters as PDFs into your website, adding links and uploading your web page and newsletters.
- There is a generic video on how to swap over images supplied and an older training video in wmv format that will play in Windows media player.
The above videos are included in the overall school website package cost.
Additional videos available for purchase
There is a new video tutorial featuring a free web album generator available for purchase from Web Feats for Schools and shows how to create, link and upload your own school web galleries using the free program called Web Album Generator. Find out more.
If your school has Adobe Dreamweaver and wants to edit & update your website using it (not the free HTMLeditor supplied) video tutorials can be created to show you how to do this in Dreamweaver CS5.
*Please note that the supply of alternative videos to cover editing your pages in Dreamweaver will incur a small additional cost.
- If you have a Google Calendar for all your school events you can have it linked or embed it on your school website. See package page.
Keep it up to date so it reflects the most current events happening in your school. Any staff member can update the calendar at any time by going to Google Calendar. You don't need to worry about uploading the changes to your school's remote server because the calendar is already hosted online by Google and will open when users click the link.
Don't have a Google Calendar? It's free to set one up.
Find out how. Go to Google Calendar.
- Link a Latest News document to your Home page. This could be in the form of a Word document that you create as a template and change the contents of regularly. Save it as a PDF prior to uploading it. It might be your school daily or weekly bulletin.
Don't know how to convert a document to PDF?
See how to convert a Word Document into a PDF in this You Tube Video
- Regularly upload your school newsletter to your website so visitors can see what's been happening recently at your school. A Video showing you step by step how is included as part every school website package.
- Burn images of recent school events to CD & mail to Web Feats for Schools to replace your existing sidebar images or create new web galleries.
Images to promote school events could include your drama production, camps & sports, arts programs etc.
- Swap over the images yourself if you have a software program that will allow you to resize and compress images for the web like Adobe Photoshop.
Don't know how? See a You Tube video
See flyer for details of update prices